Our Blogging Rules

1.) Don't forget that the world is your audience!
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Strider 9/28

Dear Readers,
You did a nice job inferring as to why Leigh had a 15 day (out of 10)! Please make sure you go back and read the posts from our Literacy Circle Group before answering today's question.


Yesterday we talked about what we do when we read a word we don't know. Sometimes we can figure it out from the meaning of the story, or sentences surrounding the word. If not, we can look it up in the dictionary. This happens to teachers when they read also! There are sooo many words out there!

Please share any words you can across in last reading, which you should have written on a sticky note, on this blog. Tell us the word, what you think it means, and how you figured it out.



Thank you for working hard everday!
Love,



Ms. Fletter

8 comments:

  1. Dear Ms.Fletter

    I think exhilaration means when he breaths deeply.

    from,
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms.Fletter,

    I came across the word chugging and I found out by text clues that that meant keep going.


    From,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ms. Fletter,

    I knew all the words


    From,
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ms.Fletter,

    Here is a word is did not know what it meant
    Lonesome but I looked it up and it meant lonely and have nobody to play with.

    From,
    Nathalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ms.Fletter


    I didn't find any words last night



    Your student,
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ms.Fletter,

    I remember the word tendrils means clinging parts to a climbing plant is weird and exhilaration means stimulate.I did not know but I do now.

    Sincerely,
    Dalena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mrs.Springston

    the that i found is cypress it means it is a tree that has green scaled like needles that is on a tree [some times called ever green trees].

    from:
    Xitha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mrs. Futter

    The I found the word exhilaration this word means a feeling of excitement.

    ReplyDelete