Hi Readers,
Write a reaction to The Borrowers. What do you think of it so far and why? Should this be a book I use with guided reading groups in the future? Why or why not?
Thanks,
Mrs. Springston
Our Blogging Rules
1.) Don't forget that the world is your audience!
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Mrs.S,
ReplyDeleteI think this book is exiting and good. First, you wouldn't probably know whats going to happen next but its usually exiting. Its a book that would keep you up because you would be reading it at night and you thinking "I should put it away" but you keep reading it any ways. This should be a book in the future for GR because it could help them with predictions and inferring and other reading rules.
Sincerely,
Joseph
Dear Mrs.S,
ReplyDeleteI think this book is wonderful. I like very much because I think it is a fun idea to have characters such as small people, or the borrowers. You have to use lots of your imagination and I think it gives very good details and verbs etc. I think it is a good book to use in Guided Reading in the future. I think this because it lets you predict a lot and it has a lot of details. I also I like it because as Mrs.May is telling Kate the story about her brother and how he saw the borrowers, the time changes and it the story starts where her brother was alive.
From,
Jay
Nice job Jay and Joseph!
ReplyDeleteDear Mrs.S,
ReplyDeleteI think that the borrowers is a good book to read in future reading groupes because it has a lot of action. It will make kids wanna read it because when they start to read they will wonder a lot of things like:
What happened to Egglatina? or ,Since Arrietty went borrowing will she sneak out? It will also be a good book because you gust wanna read on.
Your student,
Andrea
Dear Mrs.S,
ReplyDeleteI think this book is great so far with the funny parts.All the characters are little, tiny, and funny. Mrs.S I think you should use this book with the 4th graders next year because it is entertaining.This should be the first book you should read to the 4th graders next year. The 4th graders will laugh like someone tickling them.
From,
Edgar