Our Blogging Rules

1.) Don't forget that the world is your audience!
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Prediction

Hello Readers,

On page 161 the author writes:

"Mrs. May's eyes flicked away.  "No, they never actually caught them, but" - she hesitated - "as far as my poor brother was concerned, what they did do seemed even worse."

What do you think "they" did to the Clock family?  And, who do you think "they" is?

I am excited to hear your predictions before we read today!

Thanks,
Mrs. Springston

9 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs.S,

    I think “they” destroyed the borrower's home. I also think “they” might have caught the borrowers and put them in a cage and took them to a science lab to test the borrowers or maybe they put the borrowers in a pet shop or a museum. I think the borrowers might have escaped. I think “they” are Mrs. Driver, Crampfurl, and the people Mrs. Driver called to catch the borrowers.

    From,
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs.S,
    I think "they" is Mrs.Driver and Crampfurl. I think they took the cat and drove them out of the house and tried to catch them but they hid down on the ground in the garden.Then they wouldn't have a home because a house was to far away for them. So they were left home less until they could reach a house to live in.
    Sincerely,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs.S,

    I think that “they” took the Borrowers and kicked the Borrowers out of the house or they got a cat and then, that was the end of the Borrowers.I think that “they” are,the cat, police,sanitary inspector and rat catcher.

    From,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.S,
    I think"they" are the people who want to catch The Borrowers and make The borrowers emigrate.
    I think “they” are the huge people (they seem huge to arriety)that Mrs.May was talking about.

    Sincerley,
    Edgar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys,

    I don't feel like you guys are (as a collective group) always pushing your thinking. I have high expectations of you and want to see your greatest work.

    So, I want you to answer: What makes a good prediction?

    Also, I really do like what Jay wrote. Why do you think his prediction is so good?

    Please answer both questions.

    Thanks,
    Mrs. Springston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mrs.S,

    I think what makes a good prediction is to infer from the text. You can't just get stuff out of the blue( don't just think of something that has nothing to do with the text). Use some words from the book or the post. Also, try to go beyond what your supposed to do and try to predict what's going to happen after your prediction. I think Jay's(my) prediction is good because I went beyond what I was supposed to do like I said and I used words from, the text or the post . Finally, I gave more than one sample or prediction and I told what the people might have done after the borrowers were taken to someplace.

    From,
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mrs.S,
    A good prediction is what you could take from the text and see what might happen by it. Use sentences from the book to find out whats happening so you will make a better prediction. Jays prediction is good because he knew now since Mrs.Driver knew about were they were so he thought that they will destroy the house because they lived there. If they didn't know were they lived they would first start to look for there home to destroy it. He also knew that if somebody found something nobody knew about thy would put it in the museum and mostly for money. Thats what makes a good prediction and why Jays post is so good.

    Sincerely,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mrs.S,

    I think a good prediction has to have capital letters at the beginning of the sentence and end marks at the end (.! or ?). It should have more sentences than the minimum. You should also never ever look at other peoples computer to copy, even if they tell you its o.k.

    From,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea,

    Yes,of course any response needs those things. But, I want to know specifically, what makes a good prediction? I mean, what should you do in order to be able to make a good prediction (even if you're not writing it down)?

    Thanks,
    Mrs. Springston

    ReplyDelete