Hi Readers,
Some of you have come up with really good questions of your own to ask the rest of the group. I am providing this space for you to type your questions about what we are currently reading and dialogue amongst yourselves. That way, you always know that if you see posts here, there might be some questions your peers are curious to have you answer!
Thanks for being such great thinkers!
Your teacher,
Mrs. Springston
Our Blogging Rules
1.) Don't forget that the world is your audience!
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jay said...
ReplyDeleteDear Mrs.S, Justin, Edgar, Andrea, and Joseph,
We're very close the end of the book, and we know Jackie Robinson is coming to Shirley's school. We also know that Emily let Shirley do the presentation. But would you give up your chance to do the presentation?
From,
Jay
Hi Jay,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful question. I love your thinking. I have an answer in mind, but I will tell you what I think in group today after you have shared your answers!
Awesome job,
Mrs. Springston
Dear Mrs.S, Edgar, Joseph, Justin, and Andrea,
ReplyDeleteMy answer is that I would have a lot of trouble doing that because I would be very happy to do a presentation and it would be harder to do that if I was going to meet a famous player. So to me, it tells me that Emily was very, very generous.
From,
Jay
Dear Jay,
ReplyDeleteIf I had a chance to meat a pro like Jakie Robinson or John Elway and I got to introduce one of them into A school I would do it myself but I would still feel sad for them but I still wouldn't give it up for $1,000,000. Then when I would get home I would tell every one that I can about what happened that day.
Sincerely,
Joseph
Dear Mrs.S, Edgar, Joseph, Justin, and Andrea,
ReplyDeleteFor me, meeting a famous person like Shirley will meet Jackie Robinson is a big deal with me. So the thing I want to know is, who would you like to meet?(It could be one person or more). I can't wait to hear your answer!
From,
Jay
Dear Jay,
ReplyDeleteI would give up my chance for the presentation.Jay would you give up the presentation?
Your friend,
Edgar
Dear Jay, Justin, Edgar and Andrea
ReplyDeleteWhat if Shirley never came to America would Shirley ever know about Jakie Robinson or baseball are would she find another sport like soccer that she wants to play? Tell why or why not.
Sincerely,
Joseph
Dear Mrs.S, Edgar, Joseph, Justin, and Andrea,
ReplyDeleteMy answer to my question about the famous people is, I would love to meet a sports player. The reason I said sports player instead of some thing specific is because I can't choose! The reason I want to meet a sport player is because I love sports!
From,
Jay
Dear Joseph,
ReplyDeleteIf Shirley never came to America, I think she probably would not know about Jackie Robinson or baseball because nobody there liked or maybe even knew baseball. I also do not think she would've found another sport she likes because before she came to America, she wasn't into sports.
From,
Jay
Dear Joesph,
ReplyDeleteThat is a good question Shirley wouldn't know about Jackie Robinson.
From,
Edgar
Dear Mrs.S, Edgar, Justin, Joseph, Andrea,
ReplyDeleteWe are reading the book China's Amazing Buildings. If you had a building you could build, what would you name it? How long would it be? How big or wide would it be?
From,
Jay
Dear Mrs.S, Edgar, Joseph, Justin, and Andrea,
ReplyDeleteMy answer to my question about the buildings is, I would name my building Jay Kum's Amazing Building so people would remember me(haha). I would make it 100 kilometers long because I don't want it too long that people can't see or go in it in a day. I would make it 1000 kilometers wide to make enough room for millions of people.
From,
Jay
Dear Jay,
ReplyDeleteI would make the biggest building in the world. It would be 1,000 feet high and 100 feet wide.It would be called the Huge One.
From,
Andrea
Dear Joseph,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your question about Shirley knowing baseball. I have a question for you. How did you get to know and like football?
From,
Jay
Dear Jay,
ReplyDeleteI learned about football on the t.v. I first thought it was boring, that is in till I actually played it. I was just going to run but my dad just wanted me to throw the ball. I did and felt fun inside of me. I stayed and played,played and played. Then I looked up how to play football where to buy footballs and queried my dad about it. I was in 2nd grade when that happened.
Sincerely,
Joseph
Dear Jay,
ReplyDeleteI liked what you said about Emily being generous to shirley.
From,
Edgar
Hi Joseph,
ReplyDeleteI love how you used the new vocabulary we recently learned. Great use of the word, "queried".
From,
Mrs. Springston
Dear,Jay,Edgar,and Andrea
ReplyDeleteIf you were a borrower and you needed to get something out in the open would you do it?
Sincerely,
Joseph
Dear Joseph, Edgar, Andrea, and Mrs.S,
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think it would feel if you were a borrower?
I can't wait to know!
From,
Jay
Dear Joseph,
ReplyDeleteIf I were a borrower and I needed to get something in the open, I would not take the chance because I would not like to be caught.
From,
Jay
Dear Jay,
ReplyDeleteIf I were a borrower it would be fun but at the same time scary. I would probably "borrow" during the day so I could sleep at night or just for fun.
Sincrely,
Joseph
Dear Mrs.S, Edgar, Andrea, and Joseph,
ReplyDeleteI think I would feel the same as you Joseph. It might be fun, but also very scary. When I "borrow", I would get a lot of stuff at once so I don't have to go again to much. But I wouldn't want to be seen, so I would make passages leading to all the rooms in the house and also to other families houses. Then I would feel all safe and I wouldn't be lonely. Also, like in The Littles, I would make a tiny room in the living room in the house so we can have movie nights.
From,
Jay
Dear Jay,Edgar and Andrea,
ReplyDeletePod wanted Arriety safe so he didn't want her to go with her, but she went later on in the story. If you were pod would you want her to go with you or not? If not what would you do or say so she wouldn't go?
Dear Joseph,
ReplyDeleteIf I were Pod, I would've not wanted Arrietty to go along with me because if I were Pod, Arrietty would be my only child. But also, I would need to consider about letting her come along with me, because if I didn't, Arrietty might be the only borrower alive. So probably, (even though it might take some time,) I would let her go along with me.
Your student,
Jay
Dear Mrs.S, Joseph, Edgar, and Andrea,
ReplyDeleteWhat do you find the most interesting about Shirley Chisolm's life? I can't wait to know!
From,
Jay
Dear Jay,
ReplyDeleteThe thing I found most interesting was that she was the first African-American lady in the house of representatives, while they were still fighting for equal rights.
Sincerely,
Joseph