Our Blogging Rules

1.) Don't forget that the world is your audience!
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Spiders!

Hi Readers!

I am happy to be back from maternity leave and working with you on our reading blog again!

Now, many of you may not like spiders in real life (I know I don't), but I think we would all agree that E.B. White has made Charlotte, the grey spider, a pretty likable character.  And in the chapter you just read, Wilbur realizes that it's a pretty amazing feat to spin a web...something he couldn't do.

Please cruise around the following website about real-life spiders and tell me 2 things you learned about them!  http://www.kidzone.ws/lw/spiders/facts.htm 

Maybe you'll start liking spiders a little more (or maybe not!).


Thanks,
Mrs. Springston

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs.Springstderson,
    Here are the two facts I learned about spiders.Spiders inject venom into the insect there gonng to eat and it makes the insect into a soupy matter. And spiders don't have teeth so they can;t chew they drink.

    Yours truly,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs.Springston,

    Here are my two facts:
    1.The silk a spider produce is made up of liquid.
    2.As soon the liquid hits the air,it hardens.
    Also Mrs.Sprinston, if you just learn more facts and understand more about them, you may end up liking it!
    Your Student,
    Dalena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs. Springston,


    Two interesting facts I learned are that if a spider is a predator, it doesn't spin webs and spiders have 48 knees. 6 per leg.



    Sincerely,
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.Springston,

    I learned that spiders can only drink there food by injecting venom into the bugs body the inside of the bug body turns into goop then the spider drink the bug.I also learned that water spiders make a web on the top of a pond or lake then the web catches the air bubbles so when the spider needs to breath it goes to the surface of the water to get a breath of air then it will return to the water.

    From,
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ms. Springston,

    These are two interesting facts I learned about spiders, they have 48 knees in all. A female spiders would eat the male spiders. A female wasp is a spiders worst enemy with one sting the spider will get peralized.

    ReplyDelete