Our Blogging Rules

1.) Don't forget that the world is your audience!
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Old, Old Tree

Dear Readers,

1) What do you learn about Sam's personality from his early attempts to build a home and feed himself?  Push your thinking...one personality trait is not enough.

2)How do you feel about what Sam's doing?  Explain.

Thanks,
Mrs. S

6 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs.Springston,

    What I think about Sam is doing was just maybe not a good choise because he just left the comfort of a home and he is living in the Castkill mountains what I learned about Sam is that he risked his life just to live in old Gribleys farm. I wouldn't do that but Sam knows how to survive because he knows a lot of things and smart.


    Your student,
    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Springston,
    I think that Sam is very independent. I think this because he is living in the Catskill mountains and is all alone. I think that Sam is doing the right thing. I think this because he is learning how to do things on his own. I also don't think that he is doing the right thing because he is seperating his self with his family.
    Your student,
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs.S,

    Sam is determened to do things for sure. I would say he really knows what he wonts. Like he really wonted the falcon so he got one. And he wont to live on the Glibly farm and that what he did.Sam is also imagitatve. He imaged living in the wilderness. I think Sam is doing is wrong and right. It is right because he sort of know was he is doing and because just wont to live on his family farm. It is also wrong because What if he get heart and doesn't know what to do and Sam mite miss people and his family.

    Your student,
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.S,
    I learned that Sam has lots of trouble making a home. He is also very smart because he knows how to live in the all by himself in the wild. And he is very brave because he lives out in the wild. Also he is very lonely because he doesn't anyone in the wild with him.

    I think Sam is not doing a good job because he already had home to live where he could get food fast.


    Your student,
    Rodrigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I think that Sam is creative because he has a really good imagination and he actually shows his imagination. Sam is also brave and bright because he goes out and finds his own food in the woods and he figures out what to do if something goes wrong. Sam has a very bright and brave and creative mind that makes me want to have an imagination like Sam. I bet if other people read this book they would actually think that Sam has a very bright and brave and creative mind. I bet that everyone who reads this book with love as much as I do.
    Your friend,
    Bryonna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mrs.Springston,

    I think Sam is not doing the right thing because he left his cozy home. But I think Sam can live in the Catskills because he is smart and he Knows how to catch his food . I learned that Sam is going to try to find the old Gribleys farm.I think Sam is a happy and a very nice kid

    Your student,
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete