Our Blogging Rules

1.) Don't forget that the world is your audience!
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Evaluate

Dear Literature Circle A,

Recently we worked on the evaluating strategy during shared reading.  Please evaluate the biography on Albert Einstein that we are reading.  Evaluate it for the following:

Is the text useful in any way?
Is the text entertaining?
Does the text provide information?

Remember to SUPPORT your answers.

Thanks,
Mrs. Springston

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Springston,
    Yes, the text was useful. I think yes because the information in the selection gave me some ideas on maybe what I could do l maybe try to use some of the things to try to do experiments. I can also use this information just because I think I can use the informaion that we read already to try a lot of experiments.
    Yes, I think the selection is entertaing because in the selection I have learned a lot of things I really never learned or known about before. For example, I've never known that Albert Einstein was a questioner mostly about everything. The question's that Albert asked none really ever hardly knew the answer to Albert's question's.
    Yes the text providesme information because the selection gives me a lot of deatail and a lot more information I never knew about before. For example, one thing that Iearned and never knew abut before is that I never knew that Albert Einstein's family moved to Italy because Albert's dad and uncle's electrical shop started to run out of business and Albert's family had to move to try to find a different way to be able to have money for the family.
    Sincerely,
    Bryonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Springston,
    Is the text useful in any way? Yes, I do think that this text is useful in any way because what if we have a test about Albert Einstin then we would need to use all the information we know about Albert Einstin. That is why I think that this text is useful in any way. Is this text enterrtaining? Yes, in do think that the text is entertaining because Albert was funny whn he was a little boy. Albert was funny when he was a little boy because Albert askes a lot of quations and I think that that is funny that Albert dose that. Does the text provide information? Yes, the text provide information because there is a lot of things I larned about Albert Einstin that I never knew about Albert Einstin. For example, I never knew that when Albert was about 15 years old Albert's family left to Itile without Abert and Albert was ok with that. Albert and his family agreed that when Albert finishes school, Albert will go to Italy with his family. Another example is when Albert went to visit his family at Italy, Albert wanted to go visit some girl that was in a different country Albert told his dad that he wanted to go visit some girl that was in the country far away this is what Albert's dad said, “ Albert, I don't have enough money to let you go that far, we need the money for the food.” So Albert dicsided to go walking almost all the way across the world, and Albert's family was ok with that. What I am trying to say is that this book dose provide information because I didn't know that about Albert.


    Your student,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs. Springston,
    I think the book Albert Einstein is very informative. I think that it is informative because it gives a lot of facts about Albert. For exsample the book tells how Albert asked a lot of questions. I think the book is entertaining because Albert does funny things in the book. I don't think the book is useful because I don't think I could use the facts from the book.

    Your student,
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.S,

    Is the text useful in any way? Yes, it is useful because it tells lots of things about Albert. Also
    it tells you some things that you can also try on you own.

    Is the text entertaining? Yes, I think it was entertaining because it tells a lot of stuff that I didn't even have a clue on. For example he asked lots of questions or that his family had left him to finish school in Munich.

    Does the text provide information? Yes, it provides some information because it tells you lots of facts. For example he was very good at math. Also that his family owned a shop or that he liked to play the violin when he got older.



    Your student,
    Rodrigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs.S,

    The book is entertaining? I think th book is entertaining because it tells little detills about his life and little detills about his chilled hod like, when his bird Lulu, would copy every thing that she heard.It is useful? Yes, it is useful because it tells about his life.I t isn't nesasrally useful to me,but it night be useful to someone how is doing a book report.Is it informative?The book is informative because it had a lot of facts,for example Albert played the violin and he asks a lot of questions.
    Your student,
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete