Hello Literature Circle A,
We have been introduced to lots of new vocabulary while reading In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson. Your job is to create 8 sentences using 8 of the words from our glossary page we created.
You have all of the definitions, so use those to guide you in creating your sentences.
I can't wait to read what you come up with!
Thanks,
Mrs. Springston
ATTENTION: Be sure to write sentences that include context clues, so that the reader could figure out the meaning of the word if they didn't know it.
Our Blogging Rules
1.) Don't forget that the world is your audience!
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.
2.) Your posts need to be written like friendly letters. Begin with a greeting, end with a closing, and sign only your first name.
3.) All posts must begin with a topic sentence.
4.) Complete sentences must be used.
5.) Do your best to spell words correctly.
6.) All comments will be approved by Mrs. Springston before being posted for all to see.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Mrs.S,
ReplyDeleteThese are my sentences.
1) The matriarch in my house is my grandma!
2) My friends queried me to find out things about me.
3) There was a plague last year.
4) The knight had lots of mettle to fight the dragon.
5) The monster was very formidable.
6) The urn in my house has flowers in it.
7) I hesitated to tell my mom that I broke the window.
8) My sister grimaced, and I said, “Ewwwwwwww!”
From,
Jay
Dear Mrs.S,
ReplyDelete1)The flower in my urn was growing very big.
2)Police mens have lots of mettle because they are not afraid of robbers.
3)Robbers hesitate when dogs bark because the robbers think it's going to bite.
4)If the rain is torrential enough, it might destroy an umbrella.
5)A weird man grimaced and I made a face.
6)My dad wants solace, because when comes back from the library, he is tired.
7)It is illegal to make counterfeit money because if used it, they would go to jail.
8)When I read a book, a person interrogate another person to find out who they are.
From Justin
Dear Mrs.S,
ReplyDeleteMy sentenses:
1)The matriarch was telling how to run the house.
2)My urn has lots of flowers.
3)The mom was unperturbed on the boat.
4)She hesitated that she would not do her homework.
5)She queried the man for information.
6)She was torrental to the bear.
7)She grimaced at the mean girl.
8)The boys emanated out of the car.
From,
Andrea
Dear Mrs S,
ReplyDeleteThese are my 8 sentences
My favorite flower urn broke!!!
I have some mettle, or bravery, but my cousin has more.
Cops haunted hous intorregate, or ask questions to robers to see if they have drugs.
Some people think haunted houses are formnible, scary because they have ever been in a haunted house.
People who don't have babies have peace or solace.
When its raining its pouring or torrental.
In China families have a matriarch or boss of the family.
People who don't have babies sisters or brothers are unperturrbed or not bugged.
From,
Edgar
Dear Mrs.S,
ReplyDelete1) I queried my brother so much about football that he locked himself in the our room. 2)I was formidable when I saw something throw my shoes across the room in the night.
3)Anikan in the movie star wars didn't hesitate when he needed to take down his master.
4)There was torrential rain last night.
5)The Plague got many people very sick.
6)The urn broke and lots of ashes came out.
7)Police interrogate criminals to find out what happened.
8)I was unperturbed when I was watching the television.
Sincerely,
Joseph